World Spiritual Guidance and Research Foundation
AN INTRODUCTION TO
WORLD SPIRITUAL GUIDANCE AND RESEARCH FOUNDATION
(ESTD. 1775 A.D.)
Inspired by Divine Teachigs and Beliefs, Hazrat Shah Sufi Syed Akhund Neyamatullah Sharif (RA) the noble father of Hazrat Sufi-Safi Hajjiul Haramine Sharifaine Shah Syed Muhammad Meherullah (RA) initiated a spiritual mission in the year 1775 AD. Hazrat Sufi Safi Syed Meherullah (RA) lateron formally founded the World Spiritual Guidance and Research Foundation (WSGRE) for the promotion of Spiritualism, Faith, Justice, Peace and Divine Culture. This humanistic spiritual mission had been developed and propagated by his son Hazrat Shah Sufi Syed Ahmed Ali @ Jan Sharif Shah Sureswari (pbuh) and his grandson Hazrat Shah Sufi Syed Nuri Shah @ Abdul Hye (pbuh). It has been reorganized and developed for worldwide activities by Al-Hajj Shah Sufi Syed Nuri Akhtar Hossain Ahmadi Nuri @ Chunnu Miah Shah ( Pir Saheb of Sureswar Darbar Sharif ), who is the great-grandson of its founder. He inherits the wisdom that good deeds and good people promote civilization and civil society. Therefore he shuns and opposes arrogance, terrorism, cruelty, vulgarity, insanity and such other vices. The spiritual mission of WSG&F is to promote Divine Culture to reform the sinners and deliver the mankind, society and civilization from evil instincts and spirits.
Human being is the supreme creation of God. Apparently the humanity is divided into genders, races, tribes, communities, nations, colors, languages, religions, creeds, sects, classes, professions and so on. But actually mankind is the progeny of a single pair of parents Adam & Eve.
God says in the Holy Koran :
“O mankind! Reverence
Who created you
From a single Person,
Created, of like nature,
His mate, and form them twain
Scattered (like seeds)
Countless men and women;
Reverence God, through Whom
Ye demand your mutual (rights),
And (reverence) the wombs
(That bore you): for God
Ever watches over you.
-The Holy Koran-IV:1 (Sura Nissa.:1)
The origin of Mankind is a single family. Aim of WSG&RF is to bring the hearts of all human being of the globe closer together to feel like a family, bonded to each other by love and compassion. Today God has Blessed us with marvelous scientific and technological inventions and developments which are turning the world virtually into a Global Village. Hazrat Muhammad (SAWS), the Last Prophet of God, said : “ One who does not have love in heart, is not a believer.”
When men and women truly turn to God, love God and are loved by God – they attain ability to truly love each other and love the creation of God. Oppressive discriminations are against Divine will. God has Endowed Mankind with intelligence and rationality. Man is able to expand its supremacy and domination over others. When human being indulges in evil instincts and transgressions, he or she becomes oppressor not only on others but also on his or her “self”.
Divine Teaching is “know thyself”. The more we know ourselves, the more we know God. The more we know God,
The more we love to surrender to God. The more we love God, the more we love God’s creations. A spiritually educated soul is a calm soul who depends on Divine Providence and does not resort to sinful violent and terrorist means. When the world will be predominantly inhabited and ruled by spiritual people, peace and prosperity will prevail everywhere. Therefore, universal cultivation of spirituality is urgently needed to make the world peaceful as well as prosperous.
Al-Hajj Shah Sufi Syed Nuri Akhtar Hossain Ahmadi Nuri, the able son of Hazrat Syed Nuri Shah (RA) is the Current president of the World Spiritual Guidance & Research Foundation. He is also the Current Custodian of Darbar-e-Aulia Sureswar Dayera Sharif (The Holy Shrine of Sureswari R.A). He recieved his education in Theology and Law. He also did his Master of Arts in Bengali Language & Literature from Dhaka University. He alongwith his noble sons are devoted to fulfilling the will of their noble ancestors.
Keeping abreast of his time he is reorganizing the activities and interpreting the principles as per Divine Will. As a Spiritual Ambassador of Hazrat Sureswari (RA) he has been travelling inside and outside Bangladesh to promote humanitarian virtues through the principles of his ancestors, Viz Spiritualism, Faith, Justice, Peace and Divine Culture.
Thousands of activists and followers of World Spiritual Guidance and Research Foundation have formed the following Steering Committee, who will work towards the implementation of the objectives of the organization for next five year upto December 31, 2023.
The Members of the Committee are as following :
- President : Al-Hajj Shah Sufi Syed Nuri Akhtar Hossain Ahmadi Nuri
- Vice President : Shah Nuri Saiful Murshed Mawla
- Secretary General : S N Manzur Murshed
- Deputy Secretary General : S N Ahmed Murshed
- Publication Secretary : S N Ehsan Murshed
- Office Secretary : S N Ata Murshed Naushad
- Member : Md. Helal Uddin Khan
- Member : Sk. Mahfuzul Bashar
- Member : Maulana Md. Borhan
- Member : Md. Giasuddin Mia
- Member : Monnaf Akhanda Madhu
- Member : Md. Shahin
- Member : Md. Montu Mia
Al-Hajj Shah Sufi Syed Nuri Akhtar Hossain Ahmadi Nuri and his son S.N. Saiful Murshed Mawla are working simultaneously both from their offices in Dhaka City and in The Holy Shrine of Sureswar. They are the Custodian & Administrator of following organisations :
- World Spiritual Guidance & Research Foundation;
- Hazrat Rasul-noma Waisi Pir Foundation;
- Sureswar Darbar Jam-e-Masjid (Mosque);
- Darbar-e-Awlia Sureswar Dayera Sharif
- Ahmadi Nuri Manzil Musafir Khana (Free Inn for visitors)
- Ahmadi Nuri Manzil Alms-house (Free Food for Pilgrims)
- Mashik Sureswar (Monthly Magazine)
- International Moon Sighting Committee
- Ahmadi Nuri Kutubkhana (Publisher & Seller)
Founder OF WSG&RF:
World Spiritual Guidance and Research Foundation was established by Hazrat Sufi-Safi Hajjiul Haramin Sharifain Shah Syed Muhammad Meherullah (RA), the son of Hazrat Shah Sufi Syed Akhund Neyamatullah Sharif (RA), the son of Hazrat Maulana Shah Sufi Didar Ullah Sharif (RA) who migrated to Bengal from the city of Medina of Arabian Peninsula. His family settled in the village Isa-Pasha in the District of Faridpur of Bengal. They initiated this spiritual mission.
ORGANIZERS OF WSG&RF :
Hazrat Sufi Syed Ahmed Ali @ Jan Sharif Shah Sureswari (RA) was the able son of Hazrat Syed Meherullah (RA). Hazrat Sureswari (RA) reorganized and elaborated the spiritual mission of his pious parents. For this purpose he also founded Darbar-e-Awlia and Dayera Sharif near his Village home on the bank of the River Padma (The Ganges). It is now well-known as the Holy Shrine of Sureswari (RA). Like his noble parents he was also non-communal and served the humanity irrespective of religion, caste, creed, class or gender. Hazrat Sureswari (RA) was a highly learned scholar known as Shamsul Ulema (the sun of the Theologians). During British Colonial era he served Calcutta Gov’t Alia Madrasa as its Head Moulana (Head Theologian) for long 20 years. He preached religious spiritualism in the whole of Eastern and North-Eastern region of the Indian Sub-continent, including Greater Bengal, Bihar, Orissa and Asam. He had millions of disciples and devotees, both men and women, Hindus and Muslims, Bengalees and Non-Bengalees. This famous Great Sufi saint departed on 18th November 1919 ( 02nd Agrahayan, 1326 Bengali year) at 5:15 P.M. at his own Khanka Sharif, Darba-e-Awalia, Sureswar Daira Sharif, P.S: Naria, Dist: : Shariatpur (Greater Faridpur ).
After his departure in 1919 A.D.his mystic spiritualist son Hazrat Sufi Nuri Shah @ Syed Abdul Hye (RA) became the mantle of the spiritual heritage of this great Sufi family. He graduated from Calcutta Gov’t Alia Madrasa. He was a great Islamic scholar and authority on the Traditions of Prophet Muhammad (SAWS) and on Religious Decree (Mohaddes and Mufti). He practiced and promoted universal humanistic virtues. During his time the Holy Shrine of Sureswari (RA) became a Divine Spiritual center for millions of men and women, poor & rich, Muslims and Non-Muslims, Bengaless & Non-Bengalees.
Voluntary Nazar, Niaz, Hadiya, Manat, Sadka and such other religious volutary offerings, presents, endowments, contributions, donations etc., by the followers, devotees and well-wishers are the main sources of income. There are also considerable properties and farmlands belonging to the Darbar both in Sureswar and in other parts of Bangladesh. Many of the activities and works of Darbar-e-Awlia Sureswar Dayera Sharif, the Holy Shrine, the World Spiritual Guidance & Research Foundation and of other related organs are performed by voluntary services of the devotees and followers. Most of the income is spent in the way of Allah. The Cusotdian also receives financial support from the private businsess enterprises of the family members. Donations and assistance by solvent individuals, organizations and governments for cultural exchanges and humanitarian programmes are also acceptable.
- Promotion of Spiritualism, Love, Compassion and Divine Culture to attain and maintain Justice, Peace, Humanism and universal Fraternity of the Mankind.
- Helping the orphan, widow, old, handicapped, weak, pauper, poor, diseased, oppressed, needy traveller, unemployed, uneducated, under-privileged needy people, particularly women& children, to redress their woes. Making organizational and structural facilities available for this purpose.
- Promoting Divine Teachings about cleanliness, sanity and hygiene to keep mind, body, clothes, home and street clean.
- Initiating or participating in programmes or projects for pure drinking water, water supply, sanitation , housing, medical treatment and similar facilities for the people.
- Promoting Divine Teachings to help settle quarrels and disputes.
- Peacefully combating superstitions, prejudice, hatred, orthodoxy, cruelty, vulgarity, insanity, rudeness, irrationality and such other evil practices and instincts.
- Peacefully combating violence and inhuman oppressive discriminations based on genders, colors, religious identity, ethnicity, language, nationality, caste, sect, class, profession, wealth, privileges, etc.
- Peacefully exposing the vices of injustice, deprivation, arrogance, discriminations, ethnic cleansing, oppression, terrorism and environmental degradation. Simultaneously inspiring people to learn and adopt Divine recourse.
- Promoting human spirit for scientific and technological inventions and discoveries.
- Peacefully combating atheism, materialism, misuse of wealth & knowledge and such other vices caused by evil instincts.
- Peacefully &Spiritually combating the trend of using violence and terrorism to attain goals.
- Promoting Dialogues, Reconciliation and Collaboration among leaders of the nations and communities of the world.
13. Making organizational and stractural facilities available for promotion of the above programes & Divine culture.
World Spiritual Guidance & Research Foundation
385/c. Malibagh Chowdhury Para .
Tel : (880-2) 9350297, 9349897, 405848,
Fax : (8802) – 8315942
Email : email@example.com
Rest House for the Pilgrims, Visitors & Tourists :
Ahmadi Nuri Manzil
Sureswar Darbar Sharif
P.S. Naria, District : Shariatpur, Bangladesh.
Phone : 011-864565
E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org